Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

"Should have known, you were temptation..."


Did I just eat 3/4 bag of buttery popcorn? Really? Shoot.

It all started a few weeks ago when Aunt Irenie gave me a costco box of Orville Redenbacher's. Upon arriving home I buried it in the bottom of our storage closet, outside, behind a locked door. There it stayed all this time, not bothering me at all.

Then today happened. Brandon was in the closet digging our goggles out and says, hey look popcorn! I said, "please, please leave it out there, it's not hurting anything." But he didn't listen. He put it on the kitchen counter. The clean (read: empty) counter. I stared at it all day long. And finally broke when we got back from our walk.

I had the munchies, and popcorn is such a nice snack...and well, I succumbed to it's beckoning. That's not it. This weekend (where I successfully ignored multiple bags of popcorn) I had rootbeer. You know that delicious sugary mess that comes in a can? It's been months, maybe a year or more even, since I've had (and finished) my own can of pop. I also had half a bottle of Izze blackberry soda. Sparkling, tasty, citric acid in a bottle.
(I blame you Levi and Clare)

Please excuse me while I go floss the popcorn kernels out of my molars, oh and swallow a bottle of antihistamines.

2 comments:

Jenny Robbins said...

Haha. Oh yea. I bought a Costco box awhile ago. I try not to pull it out very often. But Sundays will come around and then there will be movie watching. I cannot be responsible for what my mouth does. And how it affects my figure. I simply won't do it. Haha.

Clare14 said...

MWAHAHAHHAhA! I got you good Calley!!

Seriously though, I wish I had you're will power. Starting today I'm doing my darndest to stay away from the sweet things in life that are only around to mess up my weight loss and make me drool to the point of caving in and regretting my actions afterwards...

One day in and I've only had some dark chocolate mixed in with zoom. The journey has begun.