On Tuesday morning, Brandon and I sneaked away to Seattle for a couple of days. (and yes, sneaked is the correct tense...for all you grammar nerds like me.) We passed up the opportunity to go to Idaho with my family (waiting for a phone call-anytime this week) but decided we needed to do something, since we were both on spring break. We slept in a little and then just got up and left. Once we got to Seattle, we stopped in the U-District at Whole Foods for some lunch. Brandon and I had our favorites, Beef and Vegetable Burrito (Brandon) and Creamy Broccoli Cheese Soup (Calley). From there we headed over to the zoo *see separate post* :) After spending 3+ hours at the zoo, we drove down to lower Queen Anne to our hotel *see other separate post* :) Once we got checked in and parked (down the street!) we walked over to Dick's Drive-In for some dinner. After ordering, and offering our credit card, we were informed they took cash only...so I handed Brandon the hotel key, and sent him packing the 10 blocks uphill to our hotel, for the cash...just kidding, Dick's was right next door..heehee We brought our dinner back to the hotel (where we had a table, kitchen, dishes and everything..) Later we walked across the street to Blockbuster and bought The Blind Side, so we could watch it that night. This morning we woke up, had our "continental" breakfast (oatmeal bar and an apple) at the hotel, then went over to the Metropolitan Market down the block for some real breakfast. From there we headed over to Bellevue Square to wander for awhile. After finding nothing...lol we came home!
4 years ago





4 comments:
Fun stuff!! I would love to be able to just pack up and leave for a day or so but Levi isn't into that kind of thing. :) I'm glad you had a lot of fun. Oh and Dick's is awesome! I think I like the one in Spokane better but mainly because its an outdoor "drive" up style.
Those are some gorgeous pictures of the mountains. I need a new camera pronto, I should think. : ) Sounds like you guys had a great time. I'm glad you were able to get away together. Seattle is so fun!
Those pictures are beautiful, you've either got a fantastic camera or you are some kind of pro. I am super jealous, I haven't been to Seattle in forever and Joe has never been, so we're dying to go someday.
Wow I remember that story so vividly...the way you tell it...it was as if I was there! wait... I'm glad you had fun baby! ;)
p.s. this is Brandon
p.p.s I'm the only one that puts p.s.'s so obviously it's me...
p.p.p.s I'm not sure what comes after p.p.s....is it p.p.p.s or p.p.s.s?
p.p.p.p.s Oh well. :D
Post a Comment