4 years ago
Sunday, May 30, 2010
Quitting my Job
Upon arriving in Boise, I unpacked and started settling in to our new home. Come the following Monday, I started my new job, at Elements Massage. Let's just say the adventure wore off when I walked in the door. All drama and meticulous detail aside, I was led to believe that I would be working 4 days a week, 5 hours a day. When I pulled up the schedule, I was assigned 6 days-in the next 8 weeks. I had a deep feeling of foreboding, and was very uncomfortable and on the verge of tears...which really set my inner alarms off When confronted, my boss kept up her act and claimed she had explained to me that I would be training for the first few months-and that my regular schedule wouldn't be ironed out for at least 6 months. I decided I did not want to work in an environment that was dishonest-and went in the next day and told her that it just wasn't going to work. So, know I am looking for something else, and we are sad that things didn't turn out the way they should have-but we still have high hopes, and we are moving on!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Their loss!! Just think of it as a reason to get you to Boise so you can find the right job. Oh and so we can hang out in two weeks!!
Wow! I don't think I would have been able to handle 6 days a week. That really is something you have to build up to. Not just dig right in. You would have been dead the first couple of days. I'm glad you said something and stuck up for yourself. Were you keeping up with your massage in Othello?
No Jenny, not six days a week, six days for the next 8 weeks...and no I didn't keep up with my massage
Gotcha! That's lame that they didn't schedule you more then. Why were they going to hire anyone then if that's all they had for them to begin with?
Post a Comment