Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 26, 2012

*tap, tap* Is this thing on??

After a months-long hiatus, I've decided it's time to come back. I suddenly find myself with enormous amounts of extra time. As most may know, Brandon now lives in San Antonio, Texas at Lackland Air Force Base. After researching his (our) options late last Summer, he (we) decided that enlisting in the Air Force would be the best choice for our family at this time. We moved home, to live with my parents-so that Chloe and I could have a little help while he was gone. His career in the AF will be Cyber Transport Systems. He is soo excited to be able to work with computers, and learn all about networking and troubleshooting.  He will be at basic training until the end of April, and after finishing will report to Keesler AFB in Biloxi, Mississippi. Chloe and I will be able to join him there early this Summer. We are very excited and look forward to starting this new chapter in our lives.
Another factor in my abundance of time, is that I have left my position at the bank. It was not a super positive experience, and although I liked the job itself, and the small town feel-lets just say working with 10 women, reminded me so much why I am picky about my girlfriends. There was just too much selfishness, drama and total lack of communication happening. Needless to say, it was dragging me down-and I felt the best thing for me was to get out of there, and spend more time with my sweet Chloe. Starting this week, I will be spending the first half of the day with Clo-Bug and the second half of the day working on small projects at my Mom's office. I am so grateful that the Ashton's are willing to let me help-so that I can still have some kind of income.
So, now that I have a little more time to myself, I hope to keep this blog a little more updated! In the meantime, here is a picture of Chloe! :) This was us at Brandon's swearing-in ceremony last Tuesday, what a ham!!

2 comments:

Marissa Marie said...

Yay! Look forward to more updates.

Jenny Robbins said...

Hooray for blogging! I know exactly how feel with working with too many women. Sometimes, it's good, but sometimes it can be a nightmare. That's wonderful that you have so much family support and are able to spend more time with your little Chloe. How exciting for Brandon to start with the Air Force! Sounds like he'll love what he'll be doing.