Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, November 15, 2010

52 Loaves



In my search for something good to read,  I came across this one at the library in the new books section. I judged it by it's cover. :) Me and the bread lover that I am snatched it up. Overall I liked the book- I will agree with Jacques Pepin with his review of "irreverent". I found myself rolling my eyes more than once at this man clearly knee deep in mid-life crisis. Luckily there was enough talk of bread, and interesting facts to keep me reading. It also involved enough French and even a trip to France to strike my fancy. Anyway-just thought I would share, it's a quick read and it's definitely a breath of fresh air. Something between a novel and a memoir (even though it's categorized as a memoir) I enjoyed reading it, and it even inspired me to make some homemade bread!

No comments: