
One of my favorite Psalms is 23, David is declaring that the Lord is his shepherd, and because of that he will always be content, never be fearful of evil- I love this Psalm, and think it's the perfect reminder for us in tough times, that the Lord is always with us, and will always protect us when we put our faith in him. This particular set of scriptures has been on my mind for the last few weeks, because I have no idea how things are going to turn out, I do everything that I can, to try and get my life in order. I have to make decisions based on what I think is best, and by the promptings of the spirit. Even when it meant quitting a job, that I absolutely needed. I have faith that the Lord will help me find what it is I need to be doing. I just love that this Psalm helps me stop and reflect on all the blessings that I have in my life, even if in a worldly point of view, I have next to nothing. As a wedding gift, some of our close family friends purchased a Simon Dewey work fittingly entitled "The Lord is my Shepherd" we've had it up our entire marriage, and I now have it back in my living room, and can't help but to admire it often. I am grateful for the knowledge that I have that the Lord is always with me, when I invite him in.
1
The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou
art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.
1 comment:
I love you!! It is always interesting to look back on tough times and realize why they were necessary, and how they were good for you.
Post a Comment