Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Pros and Cons of leaving Phoenix (Calley's version)

Things I will definitely NOT miss about Phoenix/Arizona:

  • Being 12-24 hours away from family
  • Blistering heat 9 out of 12 months a year
  • The Traffic (also Spring Training traffic around Tempe Diablo..)
  • Cyclists hogging 48th street
  • Sky-High electricity bills
  • Getting in to a car that has an internal temp. of 200 degrees
  • Butter Melting into a puddle after 1 day on the counter
  • Mildew that grows in the shower over night
  • Noisy neighbors
  • Listening to the golfers at Arizona Grand at 6am
  • Having dirty flip flop feet because it's too hot for shoes and socks
  • Cockroaches
  • Cicadas
  • No room for Lucy to play outside/too hot to take Lucy on long walks
  • Sirens blaring past at least once a day
  • Living next to the I-10 freeway
  • Assorted fruit going bad after 3 days on the counter (Bananas, Peaches, etc)
Things I will Definitely miss about Phoenix/Arizona:
  • Having a bank, grocery store, gas station, costco, ikea, barnes & noble, movie theater, mall, target, petsmart and about 45 restaurants all within 15 minutes of home.
  • The Mesa Temple
  • Palm Trees
  • Oregano's Pizza
  • Watching airplanes taking off/getting ready to land at Sky Harbor
  • All the good people we've met here
  • Swimming Year-Round
  • The cute little geckos/lizards that we have to shoo out of our house every night
  • Thunder and Lighting (although there hasn't been as much this year...)
  • Broadband Internet (but I'm sure I will adjust to life without it)

5 comments:

Megan said...

It looks like your "pro" list isn't as long as the "cons"! So there ya go! :) Some of the things you like about Arizona you can find somewhere else probably. I'm sure it will be hard to leave, though. You can do it! :)

Brandon and Calley said...

Oh believe me, I am ready to go! I just thought I should put in a few good things that I would miss, so I didn't seem...I don't know what the word is :D

Ty Robbins said...

So, missy! When are you guys coming back here? And where are you going to be living? It definitely sounds like you're ready to come back up here.

Brandon and Calley said...

Jen, we are moving back the week before Christmas...aka my birthday, lol. For now we will be living with my parents in Othello, and yes, I am ready. This is a dream come true! :D

Ashley said...

I didn't know you were leaving! Where are you going? Back home?