The first night on our cruise was pretty uneventful, we wandered the ship, and watched the muddy Mississippi as we cruised through it, and passed the ginormous barges. I just have to say (and I know that Brandon agrees) the food was THE best part of our cruise (on the ship) hands-down. Partly because of the entertaining Bernard who served us all weekend, and partly because, well I didn't have to make any of it! :) Of course the best part of the trip was our day in Cozumel. After a rough night at sea, I was glad to be on solid ground. (We missed our formal dinner night, because I was a loser and got sick)
Anyways, it was nice and sunny when we got off the ship. We checked in with our tour guide, and then went to wander the pier before our little adventure. We saw lots of cute shops, a Mexican Christmas tree, (the only thing that makes it "Mexican" is the fact that it was in Mexico) :D and a beautiful view of the Caribbean Sea. Around 9am we rode in a rocky taxi van, down the coast of the island, to a small resort. Here we got to climb some rock towers, which was fun, and a first for Brandon. We both climbed once, then just watched everyone else :) We also got the chance to climb another tower, walk across a rope bridge, to a wooden plank bridge, finally to be tossed down a zipline, and repel down a small tower. Overall it was pretty fun, a little too short, but definitely fun!
Then came our favorite part. We got to snorkel in a private cove! It took us a minute to adjust to the -Cold- water, and to learn to breath through our tube, but once we did it was great! We kicked our little flippers and got to swim with some pretty fishies! There was a nice big school of bright blue and yellow striped fish, and some cool flat silver fish. We even got to see a Stingray swimming along the bottom of the clear water around some stinging coral. I felt kind of bad that Brandon couldn't see as clearly without his glasses, but I know he had fun!
Once we got back to shore, and got the sand out of our suits, we got a Mexican Coke, and took the wobbly taxi back to the pier. There we did a little souvenir shopping, and ate lunch at Pancho's Backyard. Some good tamales were found there! Overall the day was great, and like I said, the highlight of our trip!
We would very much like to go back and visit the mainland to see the Mayan Ruins at Chichenitza or Tulum, maybe someday! Our last nights on the ship were gladly uneventful, we relaxed and enjoyed our time away, without any major problems. We did have a nice surprise one night, as we had let slip to Bernard that it was our Honeymoon of sorts. He brought us a heart shaped chocolate cake, "Happy Honeymoon" he and a fellow waiter sang to us, as they made us kiss, while everyone around us laughed and thought it was cute....lol :D silly Bernard. Anyways, I can't stress enough how much we loved just lounging around, enjoying our time. It was a great trip, and instilled a little more faith in me, that traveling without trouble is still possible, rare maybe, but possible! Well, I am sorry this is so long, and if you have more questions, you will have to ask, because I am going to post pictures now! :D




1 comment:
Yay! I've been looking forward to hearing about your trip. It looks like you had a great time. I love the last pic. You are awesome. (I'm sorry you got sick for a bit. That's no fun)
Post a Comment