Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Today, is a happy day!

Today I started my new job at iLearningGlobal! My official title is Customer Service Sales Manager. The Company is great, it is a start-up, so I get to grow with the business! It's actually located in Mesa, which is about a twenty-minute drive from here on a good day, so not too bad. Brandon took me at about 7:15 this morning, and picked me up around 5...since unfortunately we only have one car...but thats ok! We'll figure it out somehow ;) The real reason I am writing this post, is because I am sitting at our little make-shift desk in the bedroom next to the window, watching/listening to the rain and thunder and lighting. Oh how I love the monsoon rains. Sadly they seem only to occur after 8pm, but last well into the night :) The lightning is amazing, Brandon describes it as a lightbulb in the sky that is on, but flickering. It's constant, and lights up the entire sky! Every once in a while we will actually see a bolt, and they take up the entire sky! According the National Weather Service, our lovely rain is caused by the hurricanes that are causing grief in other parts of the country...but I love it. It is a chilly 64 degrees...really, we aren't even expecting mid-60's in November...and we have yet another flash-flood warning in effect. I could have told you that...by the ever growing puddles advancing on our patio...but that wont stop me from loving it! I will be sad when Monsoon season is over. I wish that you could experience what I am experiencing now. It's a great feeling :)
This is a satellite picture of the Phoenix Metro area...right now...we are in the lovely dark red blob on the left. :)

3 comments:

Ty Robbins said...

OOOOoooo, I love the rain! That could be very exciting. I'm so glad you are enjoying your new home. And yes we need some pictures of that new apartment.

DeHaan-Lybbert Familia said...

I'm glad things are going good for you. My blog is dehaan-lybbert.blogspot.com
I haven't written, been busy, but
I will soon :)

Ashley said...

Hey I didn't know you had a blog, I should since I've been on your facebook like eighteen times in the past day, lol. But hey I finally noticed it. :)